We are committed to promoting a safe, supportive and inclusive campus environment for every member of our community. This includes support following incidents of crime, harassment and violence.
If you need to report a crime or incident to the University, please use one of the reporting routes outlined below. Please be aware that these reporting routes are not to use for emergency incidents - if you believe you or someone else is in immediate danger, you should call the Police by dialling 999.
Our friendly Security team provide support and advice on campus and is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Security Control Room
Available 24/7 for general security-related advice
External: 01902 322106
External: 01902 322106
Calls to these numbers are recorded for training and quality assurance purposes
Accessible to both students and staff, the SafeZone app provides a valuable source of reassurance to people working and studying on campus. The app gives fast access to the University's security team whenever and wherever you are on campus.
SafeZone has three key buttons that can be used to obtain security assistance:
- Emergency: This allows you to contact the Security Team directly if you need immediate emergency support.
- First aid: This allows you to contact medical assistance immediately, whether for yourself or others.
- Talk to us: This allows you to contact the Security Team directly with a non-emergency enquiry.
Please note: Pressing a button in error can be cancelled (within 5 seconds) by tapping the button again whilst the timer is visible.
Concerned about your own wellbeing and safety, or someone else’s?
Contact the Safeguarding Team for information and guidance.
We ask that everyone:
- RECOGNISE the signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect.
- RESPOND sensitively and listen. Avoid asking questions or investigating.
- RECORD what you have been told accurately using exact language.
- REFER as soon as possible to the Safeguarding Team.
If you believe someone is in immediate danger, you should contact the emergency services by calling 999.
Our Safeguarding webpages contain more information about how we protect staff and students at the University, as well as how to make a report if you have any safeguarding concerns.