Apply to the International Academy
- First of all, decide which course is right for you.
- Check the entry requirements, including the minimum English requirements for your chosen course.
- Check the visa requirements.
- Make your application - via our on-line course directory or directly to the University via Admissions or the International Office, find out how to do it below.
Your current level - IELTS 5 or below (or equivalent)
The following five courses will take you to a level equivalent to IELTS 6.00 You then have the further study options depending on the level you need for your future degree and your own learning preferences. Please contact us to discuss what might be more suitable for you.
- Pre-sessional English and Academic Skills Elementary (IELTS score of 4 (or equivalent) - 21 weeks to IELTS 5.5)
- Pre-sessional English and Academic Skills: 22 weeks (IELTS score 4.0 overall with no element less than 4.0 (listening, speaking, reading and writing) - 22 weeks
- Pre-sessional English Language Skills Pre-Intermediate (IELTS score of 4.5 (or equivalent) - 15 weeks to IELTS 5.5)
- Pre-sessional English and Academic Skills Intermediate IIELTS score 5.0 overall with no band less than 4.5 - 10 weeks
- Pre-sessional English Language Skills Intermediate (IELTS score of 5 (or equivalent) - 11 weeks to IELTS 5.5)
- Pre-sessional English and Academic PLUS: 22 weeks (IELTS 4.0 overall with no element less than 4.0) 22 weeks
- Pre-sessional English and Academic PLUS: 17 weeks (IELTS 4.5 overall with no element less than 4.5) 17 weeks
- Pre-sessional English and Academic Skills PLUS: 12 weeks (IELTS 5.0 overall with no element less than 4.5) 12 weeks
- Pre-sessional English and Academic Skills PLUS: 7 weeks (IELTS 5.5 overall with no element less than 5.0) 7 weeks
Your current level - IELTS 5.5 (or equivalent)
If you already have IELTS 5.5 or have taken one of the pre-sessional to 5.5 courses as described above, there are several options:
- Pre-sessional University Preparation: Academic English language Skills for University Study (5 weeks to IELTS 6)
- Pre-sessional English and Academic Skills: 6 weeks (5.5 entry) Academic English language Skills for University Study.
- International Foundation Year 2 semesters
To find out what your chosen course involves, including information on entry requirements, fees and how to apply, please select from the following:
- Pre-Master's in Civil Protection & Leadership
- Pre-Master's in Education
- Pre-Master's in Health
- Pre-Master's in International Hospitality Management
- Pre-Master's in Law
- Pre-Master's in Business
- Pre-Master's in Science
- Pre-Master's in the Built Environment
- Pre-Master's in Maths and Computer Science
- Pre-Master's in Engineering
English Short & Summer/Winter courses
1. Check the visa requirements
2. For further information please contact Adam.Yardley@wlv.ac.uk
or email email@example.com
tel: +44 (0) 1902 32 2525
1. Check the visa requirements and
Help with your application
We're happy to help you through the application process every step of the way.
If you are unable to apply to the University of Wolverhampton using any of the channels above, please contact the Admissions Unit on firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Changes to the immigration application process
The UK Government has made big changes to the immigration system in March 2009 with the introduction of a new immigration points-based system.
- We recommend you check the UK Borders Agency website to find out more and keep up-to-date
- Guidance is also available from the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA)
- This video provides good advice about how to get help with your Visa http://weareinternational.org.uk/